My Dad is part of an agents group that meets every once in a while. This time I got to cater for them. I made egg salad sandwiches and chef's salad, with cherries for desert. This is actually the first time I ever boiled eggs, so that was interesting to learn.
Egg Salad Sandwiches
1. Carefully put as many eggs you like to cook into a pot. Add cold water to cover them all. With burner on high, bring to boil, turn burner to off as soon as they boil. Leaving pot on burner with the lid on , for 10 min. Then drain the water and add cold water, ( if water is still too hot, drain again and add cold water again) start shelling. :)
2. Peel with the side of your thumb, not your nail. If you use your nail you will just take off tiny pieces of egg and it will take you longer.
3. Cut an egg in half. If it has grey around the yolk, you over cooked them. If it is runny, you under cooked them. If neither of these scenarios apply to you, great, you just cooked an egg! :D
4. Mash the eggs just a little. You don't want it a mush, but you want the eggs in small chunks.
5. Add 1/4 cup mayonnaise, 1/8 cup diced green onions, 1/2 tsp. mustard, 1/8 tsp. paprika, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
6. Mix it together, and place about 1/2 inch on bread. Bon Appetite, you just made egg salad sandwiches. (I forgot to take pictures of the final product. You can see it at the top of the page with everything else)
1. Set out ALL of your ingredients before you start.
2. Chop all your veggies.
3. Shred your cheese.
4. Cut your meat.
5. Arrange everything into a bowl. Add a little container of ranch. If you have leftover egg from your egg salad sandwiches, put those in there.
And there you have it, chef's salad!
Who doesn't like sweet, yummy, delicious cherries? I sure do! And eating cherries is a lot easier with this little gadget.
1. Take the stems off. Place cherries right side up as shown. Press down, and pop! out come the pits. Super easy, and you can save a ton of time, not to mention cherry, with this thing. It is highly recommended!
Note: If you want to buy one, just search online. The price ranges from $12 for one that holds 5 cherries, to $30 for ones that pit more at a time.
I got the egg salad sandwich recipe from: