Every once in a while I make a meal that my parents like, but we kids don't. This is one of them. It tastes good, but I personally don't like the texture of eggs. But if you like omelettes, this is a good way to have omelettes on the go.
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Shred about 1/3 cup cheese.
4. Crack 5 eggs into a large bowl. Sprinkle in 1/8 tsp. Black Pepper, 1/8 tsp. Chili Powder, and a pinch of salt.
5. The recipe said green bell peppers, but we used diced jalapeno instead. Mix the jalapeno and cheese into the egg mixture.
6. Stir the meat and onions into the egg mixture.
I've got these neat silicone cupcake things. They work REALY well. The muffins or cupcakes don't stick in them, so you get more. You can get these in pretty much any bakery place. I even saw them at Sears once. These are more expensive, but in my experience they are worth it.
7. Scoop the mixture into your muffin papers (or the silicone ones I use)
Bake in preheated oven 20-22 minutes, or until they are puffed and a little stiff.
8. Take the sausage casseroles out of the oven, let cool for a few minutes. Take out of the silicone things if you used them, leave in paper ones if you used those.
9. Enjoy! :)
I got this recipe from. http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/individual-sausage-casseroles/
I would highly recommend checking out the Pioneer Woman's blog. There are a lot of cool recipes.