Mmm... Ok, so I don't like tomatoes. But the chicken part is awesome! The cilantro, the lime, and the cumin add together with the chicken to make this awesome fresh salad. It's not a lettuce salad, it is more like a tuna salad, but different. :P
1. Set all your ingredients out. Ya I forgot to tell you about that with all my other recipes. Set all your ingredients out before you cook, so you're not halfway through before you realize you don't have enough flour for the amount of cookie stuff you made. Yes, that has happened to me before.
2. Juice a lime.
3. Mince two green onions. Mince 'em nice and good like Tiana (The Frog Princess). Just don't go as fast as her. You may cut yourself. Go more Prince Naveen speed.
Seriously. Don't cut yourself.
4. Mince about 1/4 cup of cilantro the same way. Place them together in a medium bowl.
Almost forgot. Cook about 3 chicken breasts while you are making the sauce.
5. Place 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder with the green onions and cilantro.
6. Add about 2 tbsp. of mayonnaise.
7. I tried to shred the chicken with a fork, but that didn't turn out so well...
7 1/2. So I brought in the big guns! It worked much better and faster than the fork way.
8. Mix the now shredded chicken in with the sauce.
9. Now comes the hard part. Make a little bowl like thing out of tomatoes. What you do is cut it in eight, leaving some tomato at the bottom so they stay together. Be very careful, if you cut too far the tomato wont stay in a perfect bowl shape, and instead be just slices of tomato with chicken on top.
10. Scoop the chicken into your tomato, and viola! Your very own fresh Southwest Chicken Salad.
I don't like tomatoes, as I said before, so I just made mine into a wrap. Tastes delicious, especially for a warm summer day. :)
I got this recipe from http://www.primallyinspired.com/southwest-chicken-salad/